My friend Joyce over at From This Side of the Pond frequently puts up a “Random Dozen”. This is another blog she follows; some of the questions on some of the pages are decidedly female, so usually I just read. Some, though, are universal.
So, a random dozen:
1.What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?
This blog has space limitations….
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?
True tragedy: I generally fall asleep in front of the TeeVee, wake up somewhere around midnight (the dogs always know when it’s time to go to bed, as the TeeVee makes a decided “click” when I turn it off. Aside for those under 40: In the old days, when you did this, you woke up to a “test pattern”, which is what showed on the TeeVee station after it went off the air for the night. When was the last time a station went off the air at night?
Me falling asleep in front of the TeeVee used to drive my Mother bonkers. “GET UP AND GO TO BED,” she’d shout, using her “I’m your Mother and I mean what I’m saying” voice. This was only a few years ago…Me middle-aged and her in her 80’s…
One more thing on sleep: Thank God for CPAP.
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?
Hmmm. I’ve worn the same basic outfits my entire life (excluding my dreadful early 70’s brightly-coloured polyester phase. I actually owned a pair of platform stacks; they were wing-tips---navy blue patent leather lower, cream patent leather uppers. And they were my FAVOURITES and I wore them OFTEN. In PUBLIC). Khakis, loafers, polo shirts, button-down oxfords, navy blazers (gold buttons, no crest, that’s ridiculous, but can be single-or-double-breasted), shorts, sandals, Hawaiian shirts, bowling shirts, jeans, tennis shoes, ball caps. Not sure there’s a decade to associate there.
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?
Spinach dip, steaks, mashed cauliflower (it’s better than potatoes), dessert by House of Pies.
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?
I have to stay away from DSW Shoe Warehouse. Can’t go in there and come out empty-handed. Call me Imelda.
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?
I don’t want one. I used to want a big one with all the trimmings, then I pared it down. Now, I want to be cremated, with half my ashes scattered over my parents’ graves in Malvern, the other half over the Gulf of Mexico. I’d then like my friends (if I have any left by then) to have a party; wine, women, and song, and tell funny stories about me, remembering me fondly. That would be best of all.
7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?
Community Coffee, Dark Roast, fresh ground from whole bean, with heavy whipping cream. Best way to start the day.
8. What is your favorite type of bread?
Since I’m a low-carb person, I’m not supposed to have it. I love pumpernickel (really, i do).
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)
I’ve already developed them….
10. What trait would you like most to develop?
Self-discipline (same answer Joyce gave).
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?
It’s my house. They all do. And they’re all messy.
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?
I’m not doing very well…..