Friday, December 10, 2010

More Hodge and Podge

Keep ‘em coming, Joyce!

1. What is the most interesting thing you've done in the last year?

Having a friend email me at the very last second with a ticket, making a flying road trip on the spur of the moment to Little Rock, tailgating on the golf course, watching my beloved Arkansas Razorbacks give us thrills and chills beating hated LSU, then dancing in the stands and singing “Pour some Sugar on me!” with 53,000 of my closest friends.

Some of the most fun I’ve ever had at a football game

(Not my video, I was too busy singing and dancing to make one. I was to the right of this guy, somewhere about the 10 yard line, but this is what it was like. There are several more on Youtube and I love every one of them.)


Ok, one more, couldn't resist and added this one. These boys were having a lot of fun---the great thing is, so were we, their elders! We were all doing the same thing, they just have more energy....from the student section:




2. What is your most meaningful family heirloom?

I’m the custodian of the family pictures and the family history, and they’re going in the car with me if I have to evac for a hurricane. However, if you’re talking “things”, I have my great-great-great-great-great grandfather’s grindstone, and on the other side of the family, a sugar bowl that has been passed down for generations. Both little “antique” value, but tons of sentimental value.

3. What food festival would you most like to attend? If you're not sure click here to see a list of possibilities.

Um….all of them?

4. Snow...do you love it or is it considered a four letter word where you live?

When I was young (college and young adult) I loved skiing. I loved snow (we didn’t have much in Texas, southern California, et al). As I got older, however, and lived in cold-weather climates, I saw snow for the evil it is. Now, my biggest complaint about Houston is that it’s too far north and too cold.

5. Can you ski? Do you ski? Are you any good?

I used to, and I was. I will never do it again.

6. What quality in your spouse or best friend are you most thankful for?

I’d have to say loyalty; I’m fortunate in friends and have several who have stuck with me through thick and thin. Friendships that have stood the test of time.

7. Describe the coziest spot in your home.

I guess the den—I’m not into “cozy”. I’m hot natured, so it’s always cool in here for almost everybody else. My den is a small room off the main living room; the living room has vaulted ceilings; the den doesn’t, and is paneled, and is filled with recliners and the television.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I’m grateful for the love I’ve experienced and am experiencing, and the great memories. Everything else fades, but those remain.

Eventually I’ll get around to posting my LSU pictures….

2 comments:

  1. Well of course we were happy to see LSU lose...that LSU/TN game was absolutely heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than betting LSU......wish I had been in the big middle of that field......

    ReplyDelete